Sunday, October 14, 2012

As much as I told myself, "I am totally ready for the cold and grey and wet"... Yah, that was a dirty, dirty lie. I've been hiding in my room refusing to go out because it is cold and wet and where is the sun?! It's still kind of fun, but I can see where this will get old. I think if I actually liked my flat it would be better, but it's just so tiny that it's not comfortable. I guess that means I should get out more, but it just involves me huddling in here, cursing my flat. I'm looking for a new one, but that's going to be a sloooow process. I'd also love to be able to get a cat. And a fire place. Living the dream.

Classes continue to be alright. I don't think we all know each other well enough yet for the atmosphere to be truly relaxed. I blame the lack of name games, and the fact that we're all in this strange standing of being first years, but actually being graduate students, and also having these lives that expand beyond school. Well, some of us anyway, not including myself. My social life appears to be- classmates, archery, zoosoc. Sometimes I go to the library! But I'm not exactly the type of person who goes to bars and pubs and clubs by herself, so when I do go, I go with people I already know.

Speaking of pubs! I went with some friends to my first ever pub quiz, and we won, somehow. We thought we hadn't placed at all, since there were more teams than places, and then they said we were in first, and I think we all just about pissed ourselves laughing because how the hell did that happen? Team Tequila Mockingbird 4 lyfe. But really, we were just bullshitting and not taking it too seriously and we somehow won, and I think everyone hated us because we were obnoxiously loud and laughing like idiots the entire time, and then we were those idiots that /won/. Next stop- pub quiz domination, perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. YOU'RE GONNA SAY WHEN IT STARTS SNOWING, RIGHT? WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES, RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete