Sunday, September 9, 2012

All I want to do is babble on and on about how much I'm already in love with Edinburgh. Of course, I haven't started classes (I don't even know where campus is), but after just over 24 hours in the city, it's love. My view is truly astounding- I truly lucked out.

This is the view from my bedroom window:


I have a lovely view of some beautiful historical buildings, and I think that may be the castle up there on the upper left hand corner. It's green and filled with trees. I'm on the sixth floor (the British fifth), so it's the very top of our building, higher up than most of the rest. It's a newly built, modern building. I wanted a historical exterior, but I can't complain, because the view and how nice the space is inside more than makes up for it.

This is the view from our tiny living room.

Ignoring those kind of hideous apartment buildings, it's also pretty spectacular. That's St. Arthur's Seat. I want to climb it, but I won't have time during the next week. I can watch tiny little figures climbing it all day though. It's pretty wild looking. At least,  I think that's St. Arthur's Seat. My geography is pretty bad, and I've been too embarrassed to ask.

My roommates seem really nice. Pui is from Thailand, Grigaria (I just butchered her name, I am so sorry) is from Greece, Veronika is from Cypress by way of Russia, and I think the last girl is British (I haven't really talked to her). We all agreed that we should share certain kitchen stuff, so that's less to buy. But these are mundane details and I'm still not sure what time or day it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment